Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Another Saddest Day

It’s just an ordinary Tuesday afternoon...but nonetheless, it's another saddest day of our lives in our family...

The last time we shed tears together when our mother died almost ten years ago...Today, we shed tears again..together..

Last night, I slept beside my younger brother...because I will never be able to sleep beside him for next two years...

Today, at around 3pm, he flew to Riyadh to work as graphic artist in Dr. Cafe. ( http://www.dr-cafe.com/) He was directly hired when the employer went here last November.

Its kinda ironic, he got his visa and ticket only just friday....few days before Christmas...but since the work is urgent thats why among his batchmates, he's the only one who has left ...and the rest will be early next year...

The saddest part of it….he will spend the Christmas Day in the country where Christianity is not openly proclaimed.....and he will not be in our midst...in our Noche Buena table...the very first Christmas that we will be incomplete...

At around 11:00, we left home enroute to NAIA Terminal 2. In between traffic lights, there were last "pabilin"....we arrived at the airport before 1pm.

There were so many well wishers....were one of them, we waited our kuya parked his car before my younger brother finally bid farewell..and have our photo-ops together

He hugged my tita, and then my pregnant sister and finally saw them shedding tears...I can't control mine...as he hugged me tight, I gave my letter to him...for him to read when his already flying...then my kuya's turn...

It pains to see our youngest brother leaving to work abroad...away from his very own family...in the middle of new world and culture...

The senti moment is just short, but deep inside, in our heart, it continues...

When he pushed his cart inside, he wave goodbye again.....we waited for him to text us if his luggage is within the allowable limit....32 kilos...exceeded by 2 but was already allowed to checked in...

12:47pm he text me; "ingat ka, kau na bhala kay tita at ate."

01:07:11 "lampas sa kin 32, pero ok na rin daw un d2 na ako immigration last stage na."

After we realized that he was already settled in, we drove home. He called when we arrived home...while waiting for the plane still being taxied.

3:04:33pm "D2 na ako aiplane nakasakay,bye kuya,ate,tita,yra (his gf) love u all"

While in the airport...I finally have the guts to text him "love you"...something that I know he already knew but only needs reaffirmation...

At around 8-9pm later....he will be in Riyadh....expecting for his first overseas call...

And I'm looking forward to see him again when he arrived sometime between his two years of contract in KSA.

I’m looking forward to hugged him again and say "i love you" personally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home