Thursday, January 26, 2006

Silvery Week

I had the very silvery days this week. I was able to get two “not-so-common” silvery things. They are not so priceless things but something of importance to me.

No. 1:
The first silvery thing is the new found “someone”…actually not really someone, but “some-two” because they are two.

They were introduced to me last Wednesday, just before my lower household meeting. They were nice to me at first, but then I could sense that they would hurt me. I can sleep with them…but I have the option to sleep with them if I wanted to. But when I choose to sleep with them, I would be kissing them both all through out the night. And before they dictate the tempo of our new-found relationship, I said to myself that it would be my decision that would prevail, if they’re with me, I’ll “bite” them. If I don’t like to go out with them, I’ll just leave them home soaking salty wet.

Since I already set myself liberated last Saturday, I would make sure that I will never be imprisoned by someone that would make my life miserable, that will make my eating habit fully constrained…These first silvery thing that newly came into my life are my silver retainers…the duo….up and down..

Amidst the “ishes” sounds that I produced every time I speak some words, I feel like a coñotic guy speaking in a coñotic way. (Yeah, you know what I mean) and it’s a little bit awkward to lead a prayer with those uncontrolled sounds. But I know I’ll get used to that. What is six months of religiously wearing those retainers compared to the three years plus plus of biting brackets of my former braces?

No. 2:
Then just last night, just after my work. I attended the Slimmers World Celebrity Workout Aero Hip Hop Challenge in Trafalgar Plaza with Joshua Zamora, a former Maneuvers member, as the hip hop facilitator/instructor.


This event is part of centers' month long wellness program in all their branches. Aside from Joshua, Carlos Morales, they will tour the entire 11 Slimmers Center until February to conduct the same Celebrity Workout.

We’re around 20 participants who registered for that event. Bearing No. 5 as my number, we followed Joshua’s warm-out exercises, and then he taught us two sets of program of 4 eights each set. The hip hop moves made those other gym goers to stop for a while from their own program and work-outs and watched us in our routines in the aero floor.

After the two sets of quick memorization, we we’re asked to performed by group, and do what was taught to us, while representatives of the Center made their rounds scoring and selecting those who excel and exudes energy while performing the sets.

It took us only an hour to complete the activity. It was fun and really a pleasure dancing side by side with Joshua. What made us more excited is the announcement of winners for this aero hip hop challenge. The Bronze medalist was announced….then the Silver medalist bearing No. 5…wow! The Gold medal went to a girl.


Aside from the medal and Joshua Zamora’s photo opportunity with me (hehehe…baliktad yata), we were given some giveaways such as Strepsil products, Anlene (I don’t have osteoporosis!), energy drinks, cereal products, magazines, Lactacyd (how am I going to use this….hehehe), oxygen in can (yes, there is!), FM-radio-ala-MP3-type-player, among others. In the locker room, Joshua complimented me for the great routines, he even wave goodbye…..I regretted to give him my used t-shirt as his souvenir….just kidding.

I went home, wide eyed, grinning up to my ears. I can’t imagine having my silver medal for this Aero Hip Hop Challenge.

I don’t aimed to get the Gold medal….I believed it just God’s will for me to take home a Silver one... or else, I could not have a better title than SILVERY WEEK….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home